GGGOOODDDD morning friends! I hope everyone is having a great day so far. I am super excited because I have a fun filled race weekend ahead of me! That’s right, Sunday Bobby and I are running the Mardi Gras Rock n Roll half marathon with some friends who are coming in town today! They are staying here tonight then tomorrow we will drive downtown for the expo and stay there for the night in a hotel, just like we did last year. If you are a new follower, go to my race recaps page and scroll down to last year’s race and catch up!
Ok, onto Friday favorites and house pictures! Before I begin, I want to be clear I was NOT given a new phone. We switched phones and providers because of my husband’s job, and it was a lot cheaper for us to do so. I will admit, when my husband first presented me with the idea, I was really upset. I was very attached to my cool iPhone, and thought life would cease to exist if I ever had to get another phone. Little did I know what I was missing out on! Here is a funny video to show you how I was, and how I think a LOT of iPhone users are. I am admitting I was one of these, just wanting it because it is an iPhone, not caring what it could or couldn’t do. This is the clean version of the video:
It’s only a couple minutes long but REALLY funny. Basically this customer comes in demanding the iPhone 4 not caring that there are phones way better, cheaper, and more technologically advanced. Granted, I didn’t ever really have problems with my iPhone, I just didn’t realize there was something BETTER until it was given to me.
NOW, I am the proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy S. This. phone. rocks.
Here are some of the reasons that I like it better than the iPhone…
– faster GPU
– bigger screen
– less reflective screen
– sharper, more colors and all around better screen in my opinion
– percentage of screen to phone size ratio is better than the iphone (meaning a larger majority of the phones dimensions are the screen and not wasted space for a bezel) so the Samsung dimensions are smaller vs. it’s screen size,
– HDMI compatibility (with the saumsung adapter),
– removable battery **big plus here**
– it’s running android!!, so better quality apps due to open market and no apple censorship,
– slightly bigger battery (1500mAh vs. 1420mAh),
– with the AMOLED screen, bigger battery, and with Froyo this phone’s battery will far outlast the Iphones battery.
– can video call over 3G to ANY video-call capable device !
– has true multi-tasking
– Ability to play most video files
– Bluetooth file transfer
– Flash support
– Swype is amazing! also love talk to text feautre.
– Expandable memory
– Lighter than the iphone
– FM radio and adobe
I still think the iPhone is a good phone, don’t get me wrong, but the Galaxy is better for ME I am having a blast learning about it. (These are just SOME of the cool features by the way! There are many more!) Please don’t flame me saying the iPhone is better than sliced bread and I don’t know what I’m talking about. I am NOT saying the iPhone is bad, I am just a new convert and wanted to share. Before I knew about them, I simply was just uneducated about any other phone!
check it out for yourself: Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant website
Ok, on to more fun stuff! Bobby went by our house on his way back up to our old house yesterday, and he took some pictures for me! Walkthrough is MONDAY!
They still have to put on shutters, paint the rails white, build the back privacy fence and front picket fence, etc.
you can see the railing on the stairs in the top left corner
Downstairs guest bathroom
Wwweee! Ok, must go get ready, Karen and Jason and Bobby will be here later!
QOTD: What kind of phone do you have? do you like it?